Friday, September 17, 2010

Boy1

I have put off writing this post for some time. As it has been difficult.
I have started, scrapped, restarted and rewrote this more times than I am willing to admit.

Boy1(or Son1) turned 16 almost a month ago. That can give you an Idea of how hard it has been for me to write this for him. enough procrastinating. I am just going to let it flow.


Son
You came into this world 16 years ago, I wasn't sure if I was ready to be a father. You didn't really give me a choice. You were beautiful, handsome and perfect. I still feel that way.
You and I do not always have the best relationship. I know that, and I am trying to fix what I think may be the cause. Don't worry, I am pretty sure it is me not you.
You are brilliant and in some ways wiser than your years. You march to the beat of your own drummer. What is trendy or in right at the moment does not really matter to you. If you like something than you do not care what other people think. Technology fascinates you, you are drawn to the world of computers like a moth to a flame. You are creative and talented, what I have seen you do and create still amazes me, that you seem to have skills far beyond others of your age.

You are loyal and the friends you have made you are true to.
While I know that this new life has not been easy for you, you seem to be coping , and slowly flourishing .

While your birth made me a father, the past 16 years with you (and your brothers)
have made me a Dad.

Happy belated birthday, may you have many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment