Tuesday, April 6, 2010

it's a circle ...no really

Music, me and the boys. I know that it's a fact that one generation never will like the other generations music choices, at least not at the moment. Later in life, when tastes change, or appreciation comes in, maybe but at the moment there are some musical choices my boys have that make me cringe.

They like Billy Talent, and while I can say I like some of it, most of it sounds the same to me.
My taste runs more to Keith Urban. They also like AC DC which I can relate to, because who doesn't? But there has to be some kind of common ground, right?

When we travel together, They insist on plugging their Ipods into the car audio system ( I say that because it sounds better than, cheap ass factory radio). But I cringe every time, Some of the music they listen to just irritates me, like Dragonforce, or Alexis on Fire.

Boy2 though has wider tastes than the others though, a check of his IPod will turn up things like the aforementioned artists as well as things like Ozzy, and a point we can both agree on, The Beatles. Also he likes him some Eminem, which I can relate to, I like Eminem as well.

Other choices not so much, like The Beastie Boys, I cannot listen to them at all, I don't dislike rap as evidenced by the Eminem comment, but my taste in rap runs a bit harder, like Tupac, or Snoop Dogg, even old Ice-T. But some of the newer stuff just leaves me cold, and some of the older stuff by some artists is too dark. The boys have yet to hear any Tupac when they are with me. I think they aren't ready yet.

It is a circle though, I remember having to sit through Johnny Cash, Hank snow, Hank Williams (Sr that is) and others of that era of country music, and I'm sure my boys will reminisce about having to listen to Keith Urban, the Dixie Chicks, Brooks and Dunn, and Darius Rucker when they are older. I'm just playing a time honored ritual out.

On another note, can the media stop talking/telling us about Kate Gosselin? Isn't her 15 minutes up yet? The woman is vain, shallow, and narcissistic. I am tired of seeing her on magazines, and TV. Enough already. Show she had 8 kids, so her husband cheated on her, so they are getting divorced, so they were on a reality show, so what. The cheating on her / divorce happens to people every day, and they are not considered news. Why is she? I could care less what happens to her, even less about what happens to her on Dancing with the stars, she's not a star, she's just a celebrity, made famous by having a TV show about her kids. Big deal. I think her fame should be merely a footnote in TV history.

No comments:

Post a Comment