Friday, November 20, 2009

Vegans, Vegetarians, whatever

I just read a few different blog entries on different sites about this subject, and I'm probably going to get a few people offended by this post , but whatever, here goes.

I fully respect a person's choice, or religious beliefs for being vegan, or vegetarian, in fact I recently defended a colleague of mine's beliefs in his struggle to maintain his beliefs.
If a person makes that choice then so be it, I am never going to make that choice ( Leave my bacon alone!), but i fully respect a person's right to make that choice for themselves.

That being said, Leave Me Alone. I don't care to hear your preachy, self-righteous, patronizing and narrow-minded views on the subject. You are no better than me just because you are vegan.
You are not special because of this, nor are you unique either. You made a choice, so did I.
If I want to eat a burger, steak, or a chicken, than I will, and no amount of comments about factory farming, cruelty or suffering is going to sway me.

No comments on the state of my food either. I once worked with someone who commented on my breakfast, as Pig strips and embryos. Whatever, it is Bacon and eggs, and they are not embryos, as they were never fertilized, bite me, oh that's right you won't I'm meat. I don't comment on the fact that your food, is what my food eats.

They would have a better chance if they stopped with the whole meat is murder thing, getting preachy with me only makes me more resolved to stay the same.

I'm done now, and I'm thinking about having a burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment